Meadowsweet is a herbaceous perennial hardy in zones 3-9, it is also called Queen of the Meadow for its crown of beautiful white flowers. This plant has been used to treat fever, stomach ulcers, headaches, and is used in magick for love, peace, and happiness.
Spiritual and Magickal Usage:
- Add the dried flowers of meadowsweet to sachets to promote abundance, peace, and happiness.
- Fresh or dried flowers make an excellent addition to bouquets for handfastings, encouraging love and fertility in the marriage.
- Add meadowsweet flowers to incense used in love magick and abundance work.
- It is said that meadowsweet soothes and protects the membranes of the digestive tract.
- Adding meadowsweet in tea is anti-inflammatory and is an excellent addition to improve general health.
- In infusions, meadowsweet can reduce pain.
- When simmered in wine, meadowsweet gladdens the heart
This plant prefers partial to full sun with rich moisture-retentive loam. These seeds are slow to germination and should be kept lightly covered, cool, evenly moist, and in partial shade. Germination can take up to six weeks in the spring greenhouse.
All information is provided for educational purposes with no guarantee of results; please use all herbal products with care.
Packet of 100 organic meadowsweet (Spiraea ulmaria) seeds.