Evening primrose is a biennial herb that is native to Europe and North America. This plant is hardy in zones 4 to 9 and is very drought tolerant. It has beautiful yellow flowers that open in the evening and close again by noon.
Spiritual and Magickal Usage:
- Add evening primrose to any incense or spell drawing on the moon.
- Use the whole plant in a bath tea to encourage your inner beauty to shine.
- Add to spells or incense for the manifestation of your goals or finding a job.
- It can be used to treat migraines, inflammation, and eczema.
- Evening primrose added to tea can help combat the symptoms of PMS.
- A decoction of the root has been used to treat obesity and bowel pain.
- Poultices of evening primrose can be used to help heal bruising.
This plant likes to grow along edges of yards or fields in sandy soils and prefers sun to partial shade. Scatter the seeds on the surface of disturbed soil in fall or early spring or tamp down lightly into a flat's surface soil. This seed requires light exposure to germinate. Germination can take 7-28 days. They will not bloom the first year. Transplant seedlings approximately 1' apart.
All information is provided for educational purposes with no guarantee of results; please use all herbal products with care.
One packet of 100 evening primrose (Oenothera biennis) pure seeds with the pappus removed. They are certified organically grown.