Fennel is an incredibly diverse herbaceous perennial that is hardy to zones 3-10. This herb is commonly used to season food yet it is also believed to be protective, useful for divination and transformation spells, fertility, and purification.
Spiritual and Magickal Usage:
- When used in sachets, fennel can be carried for healing, fertility, strength, and protection from harmful spells.
- In spells, combine fennel with herbs carrying similar propertiesf or courage, divination, cleansing, strength, and energy.
- Hang fennel sprigs in doorways or windows for protection from evil and spirits.
- Add fennel to mojo bags and sachets for protection and to ward off those who would meddle in your business.
- Fennel seed is effective as a digestive aid, helping to reduce cramping, gas, and bloating.
- A tincture is effective for treating intestinal spasms from conditions such as irritable bowl syndrome.
- Fennel seed is an anti-nauseant helping to recover from stomach flu, hangovers, and other digestive infections.
- Fennel will decongest the liver.
Fennel prefers full sun in well-drained soil. Sow seeds 12 inches apart with 1/4 inch of soil. Water the soil with a light spray nozzle until shoots appear. Germination is approximately 12-18 days.
All information is provided for educational purposes with no guarantee of results; please use all herbal products with care.
Packet of 100 organic fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) seeds.