Lemongrass is a herbaceous perennial hardy in zones 9-12 but may be grown as an annual; this plant does well in pots indoors. Lemongrass is relaxing, excellent for divination, love magick, and helps boost the nervous system, reduces fever, and is said to relieve rheumatic pain. It is also a natural mosquito repellant.
Spiritual and Magickal Usage:
- Burn lemongrass incense to help calm and open the mind for divination work.
- In incense, this is excellent for shamanic shapeshifting and journeys.
- Add lemongrass infusion to your floor wash for cleansing and creating sacred space.
- Lemongrass in love spells and potions will encourage lust and protect against infidelity.
- Carry lemongrass in a sachet to clear obstacles in your life.
- Lemongrass tea is said to improve psychic abilities.
- Lemongrass is known for treating stomachache, as a tea or infusion.
- Apply lemongrass oil directly to the skin for headache relief.
- Lemongrass tea contains several antioxidants.
- Antimicrobial properties in lemongrass tea can help treat oral infections.
- Lemongrass tea is known to help promote healthy digestion and may help relieve symptoms of PMS
- Grow lemongrass in areas where you plan on spending time outdoors, or place pots of lemongrass close by to repel mosquitos naturally.
This plant prefers partial to full sun and will do better in a rich, moist, loamy soil. Lemongrass is easy to germinate, taking 2-7 days (70-90 degrees F); as it is a native to warmer climates, it does require warmer soil, and it is recommended to start indoors for this reason. The seeds should be lightly tamped into the soil and kept moist, transplant after the final frost of the season. The plant starts and they are established to have at least 6 inches in height. Set your seedlings 12-15 inches apart.
All information is provided for educational purposes with no guarantee of results; please use all herbal products with care.
Packet of 50 organic Lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus) seeds.