Comfrey is a herbaceous perennial that is hardy in zones 4-8. This plant has many uses from protection while traveling, attracting money when gambling, to healing minor cuts and scrapes. It is also high in protein and can be added to the feed of domesticated animals (chickens and pigs, etc.) to help maintain health and gain weight.
Spiritual and Magickal Usage:
- Place a comfrey leaf in your luggage to help prevent it from becoming lost or stolen.
- Comfrey root sachets can be used for protection while traveling.
- Wrap your money in a comfrey leaf for several days before gambling, to keep your bets coming back to you.
- Comfrey flowers, especially blue ones, can be substituted in any spell calling for borage.
- Use comfrey in a bath after a ritual to cleanse and relax you.
- Burn this herb in combination with mugwort to aid in divination.
- A poultice with comfrey helps heal minor cuts and scrapes.
- It is said to help with cell proliferation.
- Comfrey is commonly added as a companion plant to orchard trees.
- A foot soak of comfrey can bring relief to a sprained ankle and speed up the healing process.
This plant prefers full sun and moist but well-drained soil. Sow the seeds just under the surface and tamp down securely. When sown in warm soils, germination generally occurs within 30 days.
All information is provided for educational purposes with no guarantee of results; please use all herbal products with care.
Packet of 20 organic Comfrey (Symphytum officinale var patens) seeds.