Yarrow is a creeping herbaceous perennial that is native to temperate zones worldwide and is hardy in zones 4 to 8. This plant is even often found in alpine meadows.
*A note from Lilyth - yarrow grows beautifully in a lawn, as mentioned in the cultivation. There is a patch of this growing in my yard, giving it a beautiful deep green color soft to walk on.
Spiritual and Magickal Usage:
- Yarrow flower essence can help protect against "energy vampires," protecting your energy and providing psychic protection.
- Add yarrow to herbal incenses for auric cleansing and protection for during divination.
- Yarrow can be added to sachets for love, courage, and psychic abilities.
- A warm infusion of yarrow is used to treat fevers, colds, flu, jaundice, ulcers, and menstrual cramping.
- Yarrow helps stop excessive bleeding when taken as a tincture or used in a poultice for external wounds.
- A stiz bath with yarrow can help with post-partum healing, hemorrhoids, or vaginal infections.
Yarrow prefers standard garden soil or poor soil with full sun and requires very little water. Sow seeds in a flat or direct into the garden bed. This germinates in about eight days in warm soils and grows vigorously. Some even use this plant as their lawn as it spreads joyfully, making a cushy carpet.
All information is provided for educational purposes with no guarantee of results; please use all herbal products with care.
One packet of 200 yarrow (Achillea millefolium) seeds. They are certified organically grown.