Catnip is a short-lived herbaceous perennial hardy zones 3-9; it is also grown as a quick summer annual. We all know catnip for its wonderfully intoxicating effects it has on cats; however, it is quite useful for many purposes from calming the mind, easing cramps, and attractant properties.
Spiritual and Magickal Usage:
- Catnip is said to be an aphrodisiac, add to love spells to energize them, and speed up the results.
- Sprinkling catnip under the bed will bring a lusty night.
- Use catnip to attract good luck.
- Used in beauty and happiness spells, catnip is said to add to the energy of those spells.
- Grow catnip near your home to attract happiness and good luck.
- Catnip in tincture is effective for sleep, minor fever, and indigestion.
- It has mild sedative effects and blends well with other ingredients for sleep tea.
- This plant can be used by all ages to settle the stomach, colic, and sooth flatulence.
Sow the seeds at room temperature, barely covered with soil to germinate. Germination should occur within 7-10 days. This plant prefers full sun with moist to dry soil. Seeds can be planted 1” apart then spread to 18” when transplanting.
All information is provided for educational purposes with no guarantee of results; please use all herbal products with care.
Packet of 200 organic Catnip (Nepeta cataria) seeds.