Angelica is a short-lived herbaceous perennial that will yield white flower clusters after two years. This herb is commonly used for protection, banishing, angelic magick, harmony, and courage. It has also been used to ward off evil and bring good fortune in spells.
Spiritual and Magickal Usage:
- Carry angelica root in a yellow mojo bag for courage or white for protection.
- Put a piece of the root in your pocket to call strength to you.
- To purify the home, add angelica root to floor washes and incense.
- Angelica is an ingredient in Fiery Wall of Protection.
- Angelica leaves can be chopped and added to rhubarb to make them sweet. The leaves are also excellent additions to salad and cooking stock.
- It can be used as a remedy for colds, coughs, colic, and diseases of the urinary organs. This should not be given to patients who are diabetic or leaning that way as it can cause a spike in blood sugar.
- It is useful for feverish conditions.
- An infusion can be created by pouring one pint of boiling water on one ounce of the bruised root, two tablespoons of this should be given three or four times daily for relief of flatulence.
Angelica grows best in zones 4 through 8. This plant prefers full sun to part shade with moist soil. The germination of this herb is 21-30 days. It is best started in late summer or early fall but can be started in early spring. Lightly tamp seeds into the top surface of the soil or lightly cover with a thin layer of soil (1/4” or less), this is vital as it is a light-dependent seed for germination. Space 12 inches apart and 36 inches between rows, if planting multiple rows to allow for plant growth.
All information is provided for educational purposes with no guarantee of results; please use all herbal products with care.
Packet of 100 organic Angelica (Angelica archangelica) seeds.