Wood betony is also called woundwort. It is a herbaceous perennial hardy in zones 5 to 10 and is native to Europe and Russia.
Spiritual and Magickal Usage:
- For chakra healing, it strengthens the solar plexus helping us feel connected and grounded.
- Add to a dream sachet/pillow to help ease night terrors.
- As a protective herb, add this to incense or spells for uncrossing or blocking negative energies.
- Add to your divination tea recipes for enhancing visions and intuition.
- Infusions and tea with wood betony are used to treat migraines and toothaches.
- Dried herb may be smoked as tobacco combined with eyebright and coltsfoot to relieve headaches.
Wood betony is best sown in early spring. Barely cover the seed with soil and tamp down well. Keep the seed evenly moist until germination, occurring in one to three weeks. Space seedlings two feet apart in the garden bed. Flowers from two to three feet tall.
All information is provided for educational purposes with no guarantee of results; please use all herbal products with care.
One packet of 50 wood betony (Stachys officinalis) seeds. They are certified organically grown.