Hibiscus Roselle Red Drops (Hibisus sabdariffa), hardy in zones 10-12, is available in many varieties, each carrying their own unique and stunning physical characteristics. The variety offered with these seeds is the roselle that is sometimes also called Roselle Jamaican Hibiscus. This flower is enjoyed in teas, tinctures, and incenses for its antioxidant properties, weight loss, love magick, divination, and dreams.
Spiritual and Magickal Usage:
- Carry hibiscus on you in a small pouch to attract love your way.
- Add hibiscus to any love drawing tea or incense to increase its potency.
- Add hibiscus to your nightly bath, before bed or meditation, to see what visions or insights will come to you.
- Sleep with a sachet of hibiscus under your pillow to encourage prophetic dreams.
- Rich in antioxidants, add dried hibiscus flower to your teas.
- Hibiscus tea has been shown to lower both systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- Additionally, some studies have shown that this tea may help lower blood fat levels.
- Hibiscus tea may be associated with weight loss and protect against obesity.
This plant prefers full sun and fertile, fast-draining soils. The seeds must be scarified before planting; this means you must take the large seeds and rub them on sandpaper or sandstone until the white endosperm is visible in one small space on the seed. You can alternately cut the seed carefully with a sharp blade. These seeds are best started early in the greenhouse and transplanted after frost. Space plants 1 foot apart.
All information is provided for educational purposes with no guarantee of results; please use all herbal products with care.
Packet of 20 organic hibiscus 'Red Drops' (Hibiscus sabdariffa) seeds.