Pennyroyal (Mentha pulegium) is a creeping evergreen or herbaceous perennial which is hardy in zones 6-9. This plant is known to kill germs, keep insects away, and it can be used in travel spells, relieve throat chakra blockages, as well as to cleanse and repair the aura.
Spiritual and Magickal Usage:
- Add pennyroyal to sachets for healing spells and rituals.
- Placing pennyroyal in your shoes will protect you from tired feet.
- Include pennyroyal in your spells and rituals for safe travels.
- Use pennyroyal in incense to cleanse and repair the aura.
- Topically, pennyroyal has been used to treat gout.
- Using the crushed leaves or stems, in your pockets and hat (if you are wearing one), will help repel gnats and mosquitos.
- Dried pennyroyal leaves scattered around a pets' bedding will help deter fleas.
This plant prefers moist garden soil, especially areas that puddle up and then dry out in the summer. Sow on the surface in spring, placing plants 6 inches apart. Like most mints, pennyroyal will spread, use pots if this is bothersome for you.
All information is provided for educational purposes with no guarantee of results; please use all herbal products with care.
* It is not recommended to take pennyroyal internally due to toxicity.
Packet of 100 organic Pennyroyal (Mentha pulegium) seeds.