Blessed thistle, also known as holy thistle, is considered a sacred herb, once it was thought to cure the plague. It is a winter annual, known for boosting healing magick, counteracting jinxes, vitality, and protection.
Spiritual and Magickal Usage:
- A bowl filled and placed in a room strengthens the spirit and renews vitality.
- Carry blessed thistle in your pocket for protection.
- Add to a poppet to break spells and hexes.
- Use in healing spells for depression.
- To call spirits, boil thistle, after removing it from heat, sit next to the bowl and begin meditating. Your questions will be heard, and answers will come through as the steam rises.
- Use with Yerba Santa, Angelica, Cascara Sagrada, Sacred Basil to bring spiritual aid to the home.
- Make a tea infusion with blessed thistle and sprinkle it around the home for protection from evil.
- Blessed thistle in a tonic is used to increase mother's milk and treat painful menstruation.
- Tincture of blessed thistle can be used for jaundice, arthritis, and hepatitis.
- Contains astringent compounds to shrink inflammation.
Blessed thistle prefers full sun and regular garden soil. You can directly plant outdoors in fall or early spring, alternately using pots or flats if you prefer. Barely cover the seed and keep warm and evenly moist until germination. Germination time is 1-2 weeks. Space plants approximately 2 feet apart.
All information is provided for educational purposes with no guarantee of results; please use all herbal products with care.
Packet of 30 organic Blessed Thistle (Cnicus benedictus) seeds.